Board of Education
The Community Unit School District 300 is governed by the Board of Education consisting of seven elected members. The Board’s powers and duties include the authority to adopt, enforce, and monitor all policies for the management and governance of the district’s schools.
Information for Board of Education Meetings
Board of Education meetings are held on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m., beginning with call to order and closed session at 6 p.m. All meetings are held at the Central Office, 2550 Harnish Drive, Algonquin. No meetings are scheduled during Fall Break, Winter Break, or Spring Break.
Board Meetings can be viewed live on the District 300 YouTube channel beginning at 6:30 p.m.
A note regarding the March 16th, 2021 Board Meeting
The March 16th, 2021 Board of Education Meeting will be held in-person beginning at 6:30 p.m. Due to COVID-19 meeting size guidelines, there will be a total of fifty attendees permitted in the room on a first-come, first-served basis. The meeting can also be viewed on the District 300 YouTube channel.
Board Policy and guidelines for public participation
Members of the public, especially residents of District 300, are welcome to connect with the Board at a board meeting during public participation.
- Individuals seeking to provide public comment must complete the sign-in sheet located on the lectern in front of the Board Room dais, prior to the beginning of the meeting at 6:30 p.m.
Board Policy for Public Participation is as follows:
- Individuals wishing to present lengthy proposals shall summarize such proposals in writing to the Secretary of the Board or Superintendent four (4) days prior to a meeting. He or she shall be assigned a reasonable amount of time on the meeting agenda by the President.
- Total length of time at a regular Board of Education meeting for Audience Participation will be limited to two hours. However, upon the vote of a majority of the Board such time may be increased. This limitation on time does not apply to special meetings for the specific purpose of public input.
- Individuals may be heard during public participation without notice by requesting permission of the President (or President Pro Tempore). Requests must be made prior to adoption of the agenda.
- Individuals may choose to speak to the Board for 5 minutes, 2 minutes, or 1 minute with a maximum of 10 people at 5 minutes, 20 people at 2 minutes, and 30 people at 1 minute. In unusual circumstances, and when the person has given advance notice of the need to speak for a longer period of time, such person may be allowed to speak for more than 5 minutes.
- Identify oneself by name and place of residence, state the concern, and be brief. Ordinarily, such comments shall be limited to 5 minutes. In unusual circumstances, and when the person has given advance notice of the need to speak for a longer period of time, such person may be allowed to speak for more than 5 minutes.
- Observe the Board President’s decision to shorten public comment to conserve time and give the maximum number of individuals an opportunity to speak.
- Questions raised may be assigned by the President to someone for an answer if it is determined that the question merits an answer.
- Minors will not be heard by the Board of Education unless they are accompanied by the parent or guardian.
- Charges, complaints, or challenges against staff members of the District will not be heard in open meeting. They shall be made in writing and discussed in closed session.
- Observe the Board President’s decision to determine procedural matters regarding public participation not otherwise covered in Board of Education policy.
Please note, the Board will consider your comments but will not dialogue in this forum.
Additionally, you can reach the Board at any time via email at Board@d300.org, which will send an identical email to all board members simultaneously. Please know that the Board does not reply to emails. Instead, the Board forward emails to the Superintendent who will review the concerns outlined and provide a response on behalf of the Board and district. The Board is copied on all responses and works with the Superintendent to ensure that any concerns outlined are addressed in accordance with district, state, and federal requirements.
Board Calendar, Agendas, Minutes, and Video Recordings
Click here for a full calendar of Board meeting dates
Click here for Board meeting agendas and minutes
Click here for video recordings of previous Board meetings
Click here for Spanish translations of Board meeting materials
Linda Keyes, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent
Recording Secretary to the Board of Education
Community Unit School District 300
Board of Education
2550 Harnish Drive, Algonquin, IL 60102