Get Help Now

  • If You Are a Student Who Has Experienced Sexual Misconduct, Dating Violence, Stalking, or Harassment

    Call 9-1-1 (If you are in danger or need immediate medical care) or your local Police Departments at Algonquin (847-658-4531); Carpentersville (847-551-3481); Dundee (E) (847-428-4034); Dundee (W) (847-551-3810); Hampshire (847-683-2240).

    Sexual Misconduct

    If you have experienced sexual misconduct, dating violence, stalking, or harassment, it is important to talk to an adult that you trust. This could be a family member, teacher, social worker, or anyone else you feel comfortable with. If this behavior is affecting your education or an educational activity please report it to D300 so we can help. 

    Sexual Assault

    By going to the hospital you can receive a forensic medical exam (often referred to as a “rape kit”) which will help in the collection and preservation of physical evidence as a result of the assault. Many hospitals throughout the state have nurses who are specially trained to provide care and administer the Forensic Medical Exam. You can call a hospital to see if it has a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) available. 

    Harassment & Stalking

    Teen dating harassment or stalking can take place in person or electronically, such as repeated texting or posting sexual pictures of a partner online without consent. Unhealthy relationships can start early and last a lifetime. Teens often think some behaviors, like teasing and name-calling, are a “normal” part of a relationship—but these behaviors can become abusive and develop into serious forms of violence. Many teens do not report these behaviors because they are afraid to tell family and friends. It is important to tell someone you trust so that you can get help. 


    It is also important to get continued help if you have experienced sexual misconduct or dating violence. D300 can connect you with a youth advocate and/or counselor to guide you and provide information and emotional support. Counseling can help begin the healing process. Your school can help put measures in place to protect you such as class schedule changes, locker reassignments, no contact orders, bus assignment changes, and more.

    If You Are a Student Who Has Been Accused of Sexual Misconduct, Dating Violence, Stalking, or Harassment


    If you or someone you know is accused of sexual misconduct, dating violence, or stalking, D300 has resources available for you. It is normal to feel worried, confused, or overwhelmed. It is important to seek out support to help you, especially in cases of a formal investigation by D300, the Illinois Department of Children & Family Services, and/or the police. Please contact an adult you trust at school such as a social worker, counselor, or principal. They can help you through the process.