Dr. David Scarpino - Board President
Current term expires: April 2025
- Elected to the Board of Education in April 2017
Dr. Scarpino started his employment with District 300 in July 2004 as the Associate Superintendent. Dr. Scarpino’s responsibilities included but were not limited to overseeing the day-to-day operations of the school district including 26 schools, 20,000 students, and 3,000 employees. After serving in this capacity for 6 years Dr. Scarpino then became principal of Hampshire Elementary School in 2010. He served in this capacity for 5 years then retired in July 2015.
In addition to an in-depth knowledge of the field of education, Dr. Scarpino has a unique understanding of District 300. He has worked in 3 states (Illinois, Texas and Wisconsin) and has a total of 40 years of public school service as a: classroom teacher, assistant principal, principal, associate superintendent, superintendent of schools and principal mentor. Dr. Scarpino has extensive experience with: preparing and implementing budgets, contract negotiations, referenda, employee discipline, parent concerns, student issues, curriculum evaluations and incorporating charter schools into a public school district, and all other areas of public education.
Dr. Scarpino holds a Doctorate degree from Nova Southeastern University, a Master’s Degree from National Louis University, a Certificate of Advanced Study from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and a Bachelor’s Degree from Western Illinois University.
Dr. Scarpino is also currently serving on the Hampshire Police Pension Board and the Hampshire Fire Protection District Board of Trustees.
Development and Training Activities:
- Freedom of Information Act Training (2/2023)
- Managing Difficult Public Comment: How to K.E.E.P C.A.L.M (2/2022)
- Senate Bill 100: School Discipline Reform (10/2021)
- Title IX Training for School Board Appellate Decision-Makers - Through the Illinois Association of School Boards (9/2021)
- IASB Board Self-Evaluation (7/2021)
- The Basics of Governance (6/2017)
- Performance Evaluation Reform Act (6/2017)
- Professional Development Leadership Training (6/2017)
- Open Meetings Act Training (6/2017, 2/2023)
Dr. David Scarpino, Board President