Pick-Up and Drop-Off Procedures
In an effort to promote a safe and effective system for student drop-off and pick-up, we ask that families please adhere to the following procedures:
Morning Student Drop-Off
- Student drop-off area is supervised daily from 7:45 - 8:00 a.m. Students should not arrive prior to 7:45 a.m. Students arriving to school after 8:00 a.m. will be marked tardy.
- Vehicles should pull as far forward as you can without going around other stopped cars.
- Parents should remain in your vehicles at all times. Please allow staff supervisors to open your vehicle’s door to let your student(s) out.
- In the event a parent needs to get out of his/her vehicle, please pull into one of the parking spots.
- Never leave your vehicle unattended in the drop-off lane.
- If your student exits from the driver’s side of your vehicle, please ensure he/she crosses in front of your vehicle.
Afternoon Student Pick-Up
- Student pick-up area is supervised daily from 2:15 - 2:30 p.m.
- Changes in students’ after school transportation should be communicated to your child’s classroom teacher as soon as possible. Ideally, this information should be communicated to your child’s classroom teacher on or before the morning of the day of the transportation change. However, we do acknowledge that emergency situations arise, resulting in last minute changes in transportation. If an emergency/last minute change in transportation is necessary, parents should make every effort to notify the office by noon via phone at (847)-683-5700. Additionally, for students attending Hampshire Park District’s After Care Program, parents will need to communicate any after school changes with them as well.
- Please wait in your vehicle for your child to be brought to your car after dismissal.
- Please do not block the front parking lot if waiting to pull into the side lot to pick up your student(s). Instead, please leave a gap that will allow traffic to continue to flow in and out of the front lot.
- Never leave your vehicle unattended in the pick-up lane.
*Please note that in Illinois, it is illegal for drivers to use a cell phone while driving through a school speed zone. In addition, the laws regarding vehicles stopping for school buses apply to all drivers, including those on school property. Please stop for school buses displaying flashing red lights and an extended stop arm. Thank you for your assistance in keeping our students safe!