Pick-Up and Drop-Off Procedures
ArrivalStudents should arrive to school between 7:45 a.m. and 7:55 a.m. Supervision does not begin until 7:45 a.m. Students are marked tardy if they arrive after 8 a.m. Students arriving late should enter the main door and stop at the office for a tardy pass. Students riding a bus that arrives late to school will not be marked tardy.
Morning Drop-Off of ChildrenThe only location designated for dropping off children by vehicle is in front of the school. Do not use the bus and staff parking lot. Please be patient if you are driving to Liberty in the morning or after school. We have supervisors stationed in the front of the school directing vehicles to proceed as far ahead as possible. Only your child should exit the vehicle and this should be done on the passenger side. Please keep traffic flowing. Stopping your vehicle in the middle of the drop-off causes unnecessary backups for the cars behind you.
Bus Parking Lot
- The bus parking lot is a Liberty staff parking lot and school bus drop-off/pick-up zone
- The bus lane zone is a buses only area while the buses are present
- While buses are present, vehicles are not allowed in this area
- This parking lot is not a short cut to avoid the traffic lane along Miller Road
- Under no circumstance should a vehicle drive past a parked school bus that is loading or unloading children and is displaying the STOP sign (Illinois Rule of the Road)
- Vehicles should not be driving in-between buses as they are exiting the parking lot
- Only after all school buses have cleared the parking lot, may non-school staff vehicles access the lot
End of Day Dismissal
Please ensure your child is aware of how he/she will be going home at the end of the day and that your child’s teacher is made aware prior to the end of the day. Teachers will follow plans that are shared with them when communicated in a timely manner. Do not wait until the end of the day to share pick-up plans as teachers are focused on ensuring that all their students are escorted to the proper location (car rider, walker- blacktop, bus, aftercare- gym).
End of Day Car Rider Pick-Up
Be sure to display your car tag (see below on how to receive one) in your windshield. Children picked up by car wait on designated lines until their car tag number is called by a supervisor. Please keep the traffic flowing by moving your vehicle ahead as far as you can. Drivers should not exit their vehicles. If you need to help your child with a car seat, you can move your vehicle up to the turnaround area. Only children scheduled for car rider pick-up will be escorted to this area. Children walking home will meet their party on the blacktop.
Car Tags (for car rider pick-Up)
All families that pick up a child by car must have a NEW orange car tag. Tags will be available during the supply drop-offs on Monday, August 9 as well as during student drop-off and pick-up during the first week of school. You may also call the school and speak with the Family School Liaison to arrange to receive a car tag (224-484-4800).