Pick-Up and Drop-Off Procedures
We appreciate your support in following our traffic procedures around the school. Safety is our number one priority. Arrival begins at 7:45 a.m. and ends at 8:00 a.m. Students should not arrive before 7:45 a.m. as there is no supervision. Students arriving after the 8:00 a.m. bell will be marked tardy. Please see the map below and read a description of the processes.
- Students may not be dropped off in front of Eastview. This area is for our Special Education buses only. Bus drivers will be expected to extend the arms on their buses as required by law. Passing a school bus arm while extended is a violation, and enforceable by the police.
- There are two (2) entrances into Eastview. One is for buses only and one is for cars only. The car entrance is the second entrance on the right.
- If you drive your student to school, you will drop them off in the AMS student pick-up and drop-off zone off of Longwood Drive. Cars will not be allowed to sit and wait.
- Students will exit their cars near the gates and use the crosswalk (see the X on the map) to cross the parking lot onto the sidewalk. Students walk along the sidewalk to the Eastview playground.
- There is also a second drop-off location, which is a turnaround located at the end of Eastgate. You cannot park and get out of your car. It is drop-off only.
- All students will be directed to the playground, which is behind Eastview. Students line up with their teacher. There will be signs out for the first few days of school.
- All buses will line up in the same place as they did last year. Students will arrive and depart at the same spots.
- If your student has a medical condition that requires them to be dropped off in front of the school, we will require a doctor’s note. In addition, you will need to notify the office, who will then notify outside staff supervision.
- When attending any event at Eastview during the school day, please park at AMS or on Longwood Drive.
- Students are dismissed at 2:15 p.m.
- If your student(s) is riding the bus, staff will ensure they are supervised and placed on the correct bus. The buses leave at approximately 2:22 p.m.
- Students being picked up by car follow the same procedures as the arrival.
- Parents/guardians may also park in the AMS parking lot and walk up to the Eastview front door.
- The office must know how each student is getting home each day. If there is a change in the normal routine, please contact the office by 1:30 p.m.
AMS and Eastview are taking a campus approach to student safety, both when they arrive and as they prepare to leave. We will have plenty of staff outside to assist you in understanding the traffic patterns. Thank you for your support and cooperation.