Pick-Up and Drop-Off Procedures
Breakfast is served from 7:20-7:50 a.m. Students may enter the building beginning at 7:20 a.m. The first bell rings at 7:55 a.m. and the tardy bell rings at 8:00 a.m. Students need to be in the school by 8:00 a.m. or they are marked tardy.
For the safety of the children and to maintain the flow of traffic, parents wishing to drive their children to school should enter the driveway and pull all the way forward before allowing their child(ren) to exit the car. Children should exit the car on the passenger (right) side as to not walk into the flow of traffic. When leaving the driveway, there is NO LEFT TURN onto Golfview Lane from 7:00 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. and 2:00- 2:30 p.m.
PreK and Kindergarten students are released to families or designated guardians using a numbered security system. Families may park their cars on the street or pick up their child in their car at door #7. Cars can enter the driveway and drive around to door #7 with your child’s number displayed in the window.
- 1st and 2nd Grade students will be released out the front door #1 at 2:15 p.m. Please wait behind the yellow shapes on the ground to allow the students to safely exit the building.
- 3rd- 5th Grade students will be released out the door #3 at 2:15 p.m.
Due to limited space in our driveway and parking lot, only Preschool and Kindergarten students will be allowed to be picked up by car in the car line. For safety reasons, please stay in your car and follow the car line procedures. If you are picking up multiple children, please park on the street and meet your children at the appropriate door. Remember it is against the law to use your cell phone in a school zone.
Pick-Up Procedures for Preschool and Kindergarten Students
Preschool and Kindergarten students will only be released to a parent or designated guardian over the age of 18 using a numbered security system. This system is in place to ensure the safety of your children. No child will be release without their yellow number card or ID verification. Preschool begins dismissal at 2:07 p.m. and Kindergarten begins dismissal at 2:10 p.m. If you are not in line by 2:20 p.m. you will have to pick up your child in the main office.
Number Security System:
- Each child will be issued a colored number card to show either in their car or outside of door #7. If a card is lost or a duplicate is needed for any reason there will be a $5.00 fee.
- Parents or designated guardians who forget to bring the card will need to show identification in the main office in order to pick up their child. If a person is not listed on the emergency contact list and the school has not been notified prior notification from parents, we reserve the right to contact the child’s parent to verify that person has permission to pick up their child.
- Parents walking to pick up their students should stand behind their child’s teacher’s cone. Classes are color coded to help speed up the process.
- Once you have picked up your child, you must keep them with you and stay behind the white line away from the moving cars. You are NOT to walk through the middle of the parking lot. This creates a safety concern for pedestrians and drivers.
- If you choose to park your car and get out, you must park on the street. The parking lot will be blocked by car line and you will not be able to safely exit the parking lot.
- Drivers must obey the staff directing traffic. If continued safety violations occur parents will no longer be allowed to pick up their children in their cars.
- If a parent wishes to talk with their child’s teacher, they will need to come into the main office. Teachers cannot conference with parents while dismissing students as this takes away from their ability to keep all the children safe.
These procedures are in place to ensure the safety and security of your children. By following these procedures it helps to speed up the dismissal process and eliminate delays. Thank you for helping us to keep your children safe!