I’m honored to greet you all as the newly appointed Principal of Dundee Highlands Elementary School and welcome you to the 2022-2023 school year. I’ve spent my entire educational career at District 300 and I’m very excited to take on this next step in my educational journey. As I transition into this new role, I’m excited to work with the students, staff, and families of DHES. I will aim to carry on our District mission of helping students become college and career ready. Already working in the Dundee community, I know the rich history and values it has to offer our district. I very much look forward to getting to know all of you more and ensuring the traditions and values of Dundee Highlands carry on.
Initial fast facts about me:
- Music Education degree from Eastern Illinois University
- Masters degree from Concordia University
- K-5 General Music teacher at Lincoln Prairie (5 years)
- Assistant Principal at Dundee Middle School (6 years)
- Married to Mrs. Kouri and we have three children, ages 7, 4, and 3.
- Music is still a huge part of my life and I currently play in a full 20 piece jazz ensemble.
In my previous role at Dundee Middle School, I had a heavy focus on PBIS, restorative practices, student involvement, and communication with staff, students, and families. This role also allowed me to dive deeper into the evaluation system for students and staff, community outreach and how to produce a safe and effective learning environment during a pandemic. I’ve had the opportunity to work with all stakeholders that help make a school function and flourish and am excited to transfer this knowledge onto my role as Principal of Dundee Highlands Elementary School.
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year! We hope you have a fantastic year.