Return to Headlines
D300 Food Pantry Open March 21 and Important Distribution Updates
The D300 Food Pantry is actively participating in community-wide efforts to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus by adjusting our distribution process and schedule to limit exposure to the families we serve and our volunteers. Please help get this information out by sharing the following with any D300 families who might need food assistance.
- The pantry's next distribution will be Saturday, March 21 (9 a.m. to noon)
- The D300 Food Pantry will be closed the week of March 23
- Going forward and until further notice, we will continue our modified distributions every other Saturday. For April, we will distribute April 4 and April 18.
For families planning to attend distribution:
- Please do not arrive earlier than 8:30 a.m. to get in line (with your vehicle).
- Please do not exit your vehicle. A volunteer will approach you to check you in.
- Before you arrive, make sure your trunk is empty so that our volunteers can easily and quickly load your food.
- New families are welcome and will complete a modified registration process.
- If you or anyone in your family are unwell, please do not attend the distribution. Please send a proxy instead.
Please understand that the D300 Food Pantry is a 100% volunteer organization. We will remain committed for as long as possible to providing food assistance to families in need throughout School District. 300.
Please contact the D300 Food Pantry with any questions - 847-783-7030, info@
d300foodpantry.org or message us through our Facebook page (@D300.FoodPantry).
D300 families in need of food assistance can visit the pantry located at 100 Cleveland Avenue, Door 20 - inside Carpentersville Middle School. New visitors will complete a brief registration process and need to bring some type of proof that they live within School District 300. Food provided to families include bread, milk, cereal, meat, vegetables, other shelf-stable groceries such as peanut butter, snacks, etc.