Sleepy Hollow Elementary Back to School Information Update
Dear Sleepy Hollow Elementary School Parents and Families,
Welcome to the new 2020 - 2021 school year! The first day for student remote learning at Sleepy Hollow Elementary School will be Monday, August 17th. We know that this school year will hold new challenges and practices but if we work together, we can navigate the start of the school year successfully.
I would like to provide some important updates as we prepare for the 2020-2021 school year.
- The District 300 Back to School Center page contains the most relevant district-level back to school information, including the Parent and Student School Reopening Policies and Procedures Handbook Information, Answers to Frequently Asked Questions, essential forms, and an archive of Superintendent Heid’s back to school messages.
- The Sleepy Hollow Elementary School Back to School center page contains the most relevant back to school information that pertains directly to Sleepy Hollow Elementary School families and students. This page is available at https://www.d300.org/backtoschoolshes and will be updated through the first day of school.
- Beginning on August 4 at 4:00 p.m. all parents will be able to access their student’s classroom teacher assignments via Infinite Campus Portal. Please follow these instructions to access your student schedule at the assigned time. While we are in a remote learning setting, your child’s daily learning schedule will be from 8:00am-2:15pm. Specific classroom schedules will be provided by your child’s teacher.
Material Distribution Days (including Chromebook Exchange) will take place on the following days:
- Thursday, August 13 from 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 14 from 10:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m.
- Details will follow with assigned times in an email soon.
Virtual Teacher-Student-Parent Meet and Greet
- During the week of August 10, classroom teachers will be contacting parents to schedule a 15 minute Virtual Meet and Greet. The Virtual Meet and Greet will take place on Monday, August 17 or Tuesday, August 18. This Virtual Meet and Greet is an individual time for the teacher to introduce him/herself to your family.
First Day of School
- The first day of school will be Monday, August 17, 2020. Elementary students will attend school via remote learning from August 17, 2020-October 9, 2020.
- School begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 2:15 p.m.
- Information on the A,B,C,D,E rotation schedule for specials (art, music, PE, STEM and media) will be forthcoming.
- Kindergarten Welcome will be virtual this year with a welcome message from the kindergarten teachers. The video link will be sent to kindergarten families prior to the first day of school.
- Please mark your calendar for August 25, 2020 for Sleepy Hollow Elementary School Open House.
- Kindergarten, 1st, & 2nd Grade—6:00-7:00 p.m.
- Live Virtual Session 1—6:00-6:30 p.m.
- Live Virtual Session 2—6:30-7:00 p.m.
- 3rd, 4th, & 5th Grade—7:00-8:00 p.m.
- Live Virtual Session 1—7:00-7:30 p.m.
- Live Virtual Session 2—7:30-8:00 p.m.
- Each classroom teacher will host two live virtual 30 minute sessions. Teachers will share the same information with parents during both sessions. Families only need to attend one grade level session.
- We plan to provide detailed information regarding the virtual format and schedule at least two weeks prior to the evening.
Free and Reduced Lunch Applications
- Free and reduced lunch applications are available in the school office or can be completed on-line on the district website. Don’t forget, you must reapply every year!
- The Online Application, which is available in multiple languages can be accessed from the district website at the following link.
- D300 F/R Application & Student Fees Info Page: https://www.d300.org/Page/1273
- D300 Online Application Direct Link: https://frapps.horizonsolana.com/COMS01
- Please mark your calendar for November 23 (11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.) and November 24 (8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.). Conferences will be conducted via phone call or virtual format based on a schedule we will develop. We plan for parents to sign up using the PTC Wizard scheduler software as in prior years.
Thank you for your continued support, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.