Pick-Up and Drop-Off Procedures
We need your help to keep the school and your children safe. EVERY child's safety is important to us. It remains our highest priority to ensure that students enter and exit cars in a safe and organized way. We ask everyone to correctly follow our pick-up and drop-off procedures. Please note that upon entry into the school parking lot, the right lane is reserved for busses, and the left lane is for automobile traffic.
- Be your child's best example. Please be courteous and follow all safety guidelines at all times.
- No arrivals prior to 8:40 AM. No supervision is provided prior to that time.
- Follow all directions from school safety personnel. They can see potential problems you may not.
- Students are to be picked-up promptly at dismissal 3:40. There is no supervision after school hours.
- Please drive slowly and watch for children!
Drop off and pick up procedures
- Pull into HMS lot using the entrance off of Edgewood Ave. (***Note that during PM pick-up times, there is no access to Edgewood Ave. from State St.) Upon entry into the lot, follow the traffic pattern, and turn left at the yield sign, towards door 14.
- Students can load/unload from PASSENGER SIDE of vehicle only. The driver should remain in the vehicle at all times and all driver side doors are to remain closed.
- Keep pulling forward and fill in all gaps in Loading Zone Lane.
- Have all school materials including backpack and lunch ready before student exits vehicle.
- See the map below for a graphic of the procedure
After your review, please reach out if you have additional questions or concerns.