All fees must be paid by graduation.
Obligations are assessed if any money or property is owed to the school or District. All school and/or District property must be returned prior to leaving or obligations will be assigned.
Fee statements are emailed monthly from PushCoin. All obligations must be paid in order to receive your final transcripts.
Students can check obligations and pay obligations with the bookkeeper in the main office.
Final Exam Exemption Policy
A senior may be exempt from taking a final exam if he or she has:
- A “B-” or better per class
- No more than 8 total absences for any reason (including college visits and doctor appointments)
- No disciplinary referrals overall (including tardies, parking, cell phone, etc.)
Final Transcript Request
Students attending college, technical school, or those registered with the NCAA can order transcripts through Parchment by visiting www.parchment.com.
Students joining the military need to complete a transcript request form, which is available in the Student Services office.
Transcripts will be processed starting June 15, 2018 once grades are posted.
Prom is scheduled for Saturday, April 28th, at the Meadows Club (2950 Golf Rd, Rolling Meadows, IL 60008).
Students arrive to JHS at 4:30 p.m.
Busses will head to the Meadows Club between 5:10 p.m. and 5:45 p.m.
Prom is scheduled from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Students should arrive back at JHS between 11:30 p.m. – 11:45 p.m.
All disciplinary consequences must be served prior to April 20, 2018.
Any out-of-school suspensions will be reviewed by the school’s administration team; participation will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Dress appropriate for the occasion. No jeans will be permitted. This is a formal dance and attire should reflect a formal occasion.
All school rules apply at prom.
Although some participants may be of age to smoke tobacco, no smoking is allowed at any time during prom.
If any student is found to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, appropriate actions will be taken by the administrators and law enforcement at the dance.
Expectations for Graduation
You must have a JHS cap and gown in order to participate.
Inappropriate behavior at school and/ or graduation can have an adverse effect on your participation in the graduation ceremony.
Please keep in mind that for some of our students, this will be their only graduation ceremony. When families and students choose to celebrate a specific graduate, it can frequently take away from the moment of the following graduates. Sometimes that timing is extremely disrespectful of the person who is receiving his or her diploma at that moment.
At the end of the ceremony, when we present the JHS Class of 2018, it is the appropriate time to celebrate every graduate. Out of respect for your classmates and peers, please encourage family and friends to hold their exuberance until the final moment.
Students are expected to arrive an hour before the ceremony begins and stay through the entire Commencement Ceremony.
Jacobs High School’s graduation ceremony is on Saturday, May 19th, at 10:00 a.m. at the Sears Centre (5333 Prairie Stone Pkwy, Hoffman Estates, IL 60192)
All students should plan to arrive at the Sears Centre no later than 9:00 a.m.
The graduation pre-ceremony schedule, includes:
- 8:30 a.m. - choir, orchestra, student speakers arrive for set-up
- 9:00 a.m. - arrival for all graduates
- 10:00 a.m. - graduation ceremony starts
There is no limit to the number of guests who can attend the graduation ceremony.
Cap and Gown Distribution
Cap and gowns will be distributed by Herff Jones on May 2nd and May 3rd during lunch periods.
Graduation Rehearsal & Senior Breakfast
Graduation rehearsal is MANDATORY if you want to participate in the graduation ceremony.
Graduation rehearsal and the senior breakfast are scheduled for Friday, May 18th starting at 8:00 a.m. at Jacobs.
- 8:00 a.m. - Senior breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. - Graduation rehearsal
- 10:30 a.m. - Seniors depart
- 26 - 30: Spring Break
- 10: No School for freshmen and seniors due to SAT/PSAT10 testing
- 20: Early Release
- 23: No student attendance - teacher in-service
- 28: Prom
- 2: ESPY’s at 6:00 p.m. at Jacobs
- 7 - 18: AP Testing
- 9: Seniors last day (if no final exams)
- 10: Final exams for seniors needing to take exams
- 11: Senior Graduation Walk: seniors visit Elementary Schools
- 15: Senior Awards Night at 7:00 p.m. at Jacobs
- 16: Senior Activity Day
- 18: Senior Breakfast (enter through Athletic Entrance and go to the field house) and graduation rehearsal at 8:15 a.m. at Jacobs
- 19: Graduation Ceremony at 10:00 a.m. at the Sears Centre, Hoffman Estates