Kindergarten Roundup Informational Meetings - For Parents of Incoming Kindergarten Students
District 300 families preparing to enroll their child (or children) into kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year are invited to attend a Kindergarten Roundup Informational Meeting.
Kindergarten Roundup Informational Meetings will run from February 26 through March 12 at various District 300 schools. Each meeting will include the same presentation. Parents and guardians are welcome to attend any one of the following Kindergarten Roundup Informational Meetings:
- February 26: Perry Elementary from 8:15 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
- February 26: Dundee Middle School from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- February 27: Westfield Community from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- February 28: Algonquin Middle School from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- March 1: Hampshire Middle School from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- March 6: Golfview Elementary School from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- March 7: Meadowdale Elementary School from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- March 8: Parkview Elementary School from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- March 12: Lakewood Elementary School from 8:15am to 9:15am
Each Kindergarten Roundup Informational Meeting will provide insight into the kindergarten experience, including overviews of a typical day from academic, social, and emotional perspectives. Meetings will also include an overview of the District 300 Dual Language Program, including the scheduling of Dual Language Program screeners (Please note: The timeline for the Dual Language Program selection process occurs during the same dates as the Kindergarten Roundup Informational Meetings. It is mandatory for parents or guardians who are interested in enrolling their child into the Dual Language Program to attend one of the Kindergarten Roundup Informational Meetings).
While families will not complete kindergarten registration during these meetings, parents and guardians will receive important information about the online registration process. As all District 300 kindergarten students will need to be registered for school through online registration, attendance at a Kindergarten Roundup Informational Meeting is strongly encouraged.
For more information about the Kindergarten Roundup Informational Meetings, please contact Dr. Bill Doran, District 300’s Assistant Superintendent of Elementary Schools, by email here.