1:1 Program Initiative
What is the 1:1 Program Initiative?
1:1 refers to one device for every one student. This shift to a 1:1 digital environment, however, is not really about devices. Instead, it is about transforming teaching and learning. Increased technology in classrooms allows for differentiated, adaptive, personalized learning.
Utilizing 1:1 technology in the form of chromebooks allows
- Students to own their own learning
- Students to access up-to-date information when they need it (i.e. digital textbooks are kept up to date)
- Teachers to see (in real time) how students are learning and where they are in their path towards mastery of the content
- For easier ways to reach diversity in learning styles
- For increased collaboration while honoring the introspective voice
- Teachers to prepare students for an increasingly more technology-dependent world
- Teachers to develop environment where students stay engaged
The resources below are provided to support parents in understanding the 1:1 Digital Shift on a deeper level:
Click here to view The Digital Shift PowerPoint Presentation presented to the District 300 Board of Education on January 12, 2016.
Click here to view the Parent Orientation PowerPoint presentation.