Board of Education
The Community Unit School District 300 is governed by the Board of Education consisting of 7 elected members. The Board’s powers and duties include the authority to adopt, enforce, and monitor all policies for the management and governance of the District’s schools.
Board of Education Meetings are held on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm, beginning with call to order and closed session at 6:00pm. All meetings are held at the Central Office, 2550 Harnish Drive, Algonquin. No meeting during Fall Break, Winter Break or Spring Break.
Members of the public, especially residents of District 300, are welcome to connect with the Board at a board meeting during public participation or via email. To participate during a board meeting, you must:
- Sign in at lectern prior to 6:30 p.m., or the start of the open meeting.
- You must be 18 or have a parent/legal guardian present with you to address the Board. You may be asked to show identification.
- Give your full name, your relationship to District 300 and respectfully state your comments.
- Please limit your presentation to five minutes. The Board respectfully reserves the right to adjust this time period depending on the number of participants.
- You are not permitted to mention names of specific staff members or students.
- The Board will listen to and consider your comments but will not dialogue in this forum.
In the event you cannot attend a board meeting, you can reach the Board via email at Board@d300.org, which will send an identical email to all board members.
Board Calendar, Agendas, Minutes, and Video Recordings
Click here for a full calendar of Board meeting dates
Click here for Board meeting agendas and minutes
Click here for video recordings of previous Board meetings
Linda Keyes, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent
Recording Secretary to the Board of Education
Community Unit School District 300
Board of Education
2550 Harnish Drive, Algonquin, IL 60102