The Durham Bus Tracker app provides an accurate method for parents and students to monitor the location of a particular bus and/or possible delays in the arrival to a specific stop.
The app can be downloaded from the Apple Store, Google Play, or directly at m.durhambustracker.com. A parent must have a smartphone or tablet device to download the app.
Use of the app is purely voluntary. There is no cost associated with the app, however associated data charges may apply and will be the responsibility of the user.
Once the app is downloaded, parents and guardians can follow these instructions:
- “Create An Account” by entering your name and email address, then create a password for this application.
- “Add Student” by first selecting a “state” which is “Illinois,” then “location” which is “Carpentersville, IL.”
- Enter your “Student ID” number and “Student last name.” This must be entered exactly as it is in the District 300 student database.
- If you have more than one student, continue adding students then select “Save.” It is VERY important for students to still arrive at the bus stop 5 minutes prior to their scheduled time to avoid missing the bus. The bus will not return for students that were not at the bus stop at their correct time. Please note that GPS data gives us information such as speed of the vehicle, idling time, accurate time of bus arrival to any location and door opening at each stop.
- Late start and early release day schedules won’t be reflected in the app but parents can see where the bus is located.